Throughout your professional life, you cannot deny the importance of your coworkers and colleagues. They can prove to be useful at many levels. In a workplace, you cannot simply ignore the ones you are working with. In fact it is because of the help from your good coworkers that your workplace can become a calm place for you. If you have supportive colleagues, you are lucky to have them in your office.
There are times when you have to be dependent on your colleagues and good colleagues are always ready to provide support. If you had gone through a situation where your colleague provided you support, then it’s time that you express your gratitude. Saying thank you is not going to be enough. You will have to appreciate or recognize them so that they can tell that you are truly thankful.
HOW TO WRITE A COLLEAGUE APPRECIATION CARD
You might think about sending an SMS saying thank you will be enough but sending an appreciation letter to coworkers can be one of the most effective ways of expressing your gratitude. People are not writing anymore these days and if your colleague get a hand-written appreciation note from you, they will remember for a long time. Here are some guidelines for writing an appreciation letter:
– The letter must be personalized. Don’t make it a typical letter otherwise it will appear as you have fulfilled a formality. The person you are addressing should feel special.
– If your coworker has been your companion or friend, you can write the letter in an informal way.
– Mention the reason why you are thanking him. Don’t forget to mention the word “thank you” otherwise the whole letter will sound meaningless.
Look at how Marita Bladh thank her colleague with a video:
– You can also mention about paying regards to family.
– Make sure that the appreciation letter is received by your coworker. Don’t leave it hanging like this.
– This appreciation letter can be about anything. If it was because you two did a project together, or you just want to say thank you for the support, this letter will make a difference.
If you are looking for a gift for colleague, there are popular items for coworker gift on etsy.com.
SAMPLE OF COLLEAGUE THANK YOU INTERVIEW EMAIL
Here is an example of an appreciation letter to colleague for being a good support:
I just want to acknowledge about the great work support you always gave to me when I felt let down. I am really grateful for all the times you were there to help me and listen to my problems. You always made time for me out of your hectic schedules. The things I have achieved working in this organization are mostly achieved with the help of your support and encouragement. I could never have a best colleague than you. I consider myself lucky to work with a girl of your level. You are not just a colleague of mine but a very dear friend of mine.
Learn more about writing an employee appreciation quotes.