It is usual for kids to send thank you notes or thank you letters to their parents but isn’t it going to be a bit unusual if parents send thank you letter to their children, either son or daughter? It can be an interesting yet lovable gesture appreciation from the side of parents especially for grown up kids.
This letter does not need to be on tons and tons of pages. Just like you as a parent would feel loved to receive a thank you letter from your kids all of a sudden, your kids will also feel loved to receive a thank you letter from you. This written appreciation will stay with your children forever and when you are not with them in any time in the coming future, that letter will remind them of you.
The only question is how do you write a thank you letter to your son or daughter?
– You will start by addressing your son or daughter by their name or whatever you wish to call them… this letter needs not to be formal one.
– Praise them as a son or daughter. Then tell them why you are writing the letter. Say that you want to thank them for being such a special kid in life.
– Share some memories, it can be both the good times and the bad times. It’s all up to you how you want to continue. Just let them know what you feel in your own voice.
– If you want to thank them for something special they recently did for you, you can stress the whole thank you letter upon that.
– In the end, conclude with an advice or something touchy that even your child remembers that after you are no longer in his/her life.
Here is a great example of a thank you letter from a parent to their son:
Thanks to children/son/daughter
You have always been a source of joy for me and seeing you smile and contended with your life always been my wish. I am so proud to see you running your own company. I had always believed you had those leadership qualities in you because you were great at convincing your younger siblings to do things even better than me.
Thank you for giving such a big surprise to me. I had this wish in my heart that we celebrate my birthday together and you make my wish come true. Your presence for me is more than any present in this world.